Attack on Titan in HITA (hereinafter the “Application"), offered by T&S OITA Co., Ltd., is an application designed to help people visit real places in and around the city of Hita, Oita Prefecture, and enjoy playing games, visiting augmented reality (AR) spots, and other activities.
T&S OITA Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the "Company") shall make the utmost effort to ensure the proper handling, management, and maintenance of personal information, with the protection of personal information as a top priority.
The Company regards the protection of personal information, which is handled under the provision of consulting and IT-related services, as an important issue in its corporate activities. To ensure the proper handling and secure management of personal information, the Company has set forth the following policies and implements them on a companywide basis:
- Where it is necessary to obtain personal information from a customer, the Company shall specify the purpose and scope of use of the personal information and obtain the consent of the customer in advance. In addition, the Company shall set out measures to ensure that said personal information is used solely for the purpose as specified above and shall ensure compliance with such measures;
- The Company shall store the personal information it handles under strict control and take appropriate preventive and corrective measures against any leakage, loss, or damage of the personal information it handles;
- The Company shall comply with laws and other regulations regarding the protection of personal information;
- Through its Office to Promote Personal Information Protection , the Company shall appropriately respond to complaints and inquiries from individuals whose personal information is handled by the Company; and
- The Company establishes promotional structures, policies, and rules for the protection of personal information and operates them as a management system to protect personal information. The Company’s officers and all employees shall ensure that they thoroughly implement the management system and shall strive to handle, manage, and maintain personal information appropriately. In addition, the Company shall periodically review and continually improve the system.
Date of enactment: August 1, 2020
Takashi Takashima, Representative Director
T&S OITA Co., Ltd.
Handling of Personal Information
- Purpose of Use
When a customer uses the Company’s services, the Company may ask the customer to provide it with their personal information as needed. When collecting personal information from the customers, the Company shall collect and use it to the extent necessary to provide our products and services as well as to perform related duties including the development and maintenance of the systems associated with such products and services. Personal information handled by the Company may be supplied to a third party in the following cases:
In the event that personal information is supplied to the Company’s outsourcing contractors as set forth in (B) above, the Company shall execute an agreement with the contractors concerning the secure management of information and conduct appropriate supervision.
- Where the consent of the individual in question has been obtained;
- Where the information is supplied to the Company’s outsourcing contractors to the extent necessary for the execution of their duties; and
- Other cases approved by law
- Disclosure of the Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall disclose the following types of personal information we acquire for the purposes of the following usages. The individual whose personal information is in question may be notified or explicitly informed regarding the use by the Company of their personal information.
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information Related to Customers
- Shipping products purchased by customers
- Providing customers with service information, advertising materials, etc.
- Inviting customers to events such as seminars and exhibitions
- Notifying customers of the point of contact for the Company’s services
- Research and analysis for better service development
- Provision of maintenance and support
- Communication, cooperation, negotiation, fulfillment of contract, demand for performance, etc. with customers
- Addressing customer telephone inquiries
- Recording of the contents of calls for smooth execution of the work (h) mentioned above
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information Related to Business Partners
- Communication, cooperation, negotiation, fulfillment of contract, demand for performance, etc. with business partners
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information Entrusted by Business Partners
- Execution of processing the entrusted data and other operations
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information Related to Participants in Events
- Communication and provision of information related to events
- Provision of information on related services
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information Related to Those Who Wish to Join the Company
- Employment screening
- Providing candidates with information relevant to their job-seeking activities, including the Company’s business engagement and other related Company information as well as requirements for employment application
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information Related to Company Employees, etc.
- Implementation of employment and personnel management for employees, etc.
- Response to Requests for Notification, Disclosure, etc.
- Response to Requests for Notification, Disclosure, etc.
- Notification of the purpose of use
If an individual wishes to be notified of the purpose of use of their personal information subject to disclosure, the Company shall inform the individual without delay unless otherwise provided by law.
If an individual wishes to have their personal information subject to disclosure disclosed, the Company shall respond without delay unless otherwise provided by law.
- Correction, addition, or deletion
In the event that an individual wishes to correct, add, or delete their personal information with regard to the information subject to disclosure, the Company shall correct, add, or delete it without delay to the extent reasonable unless otherwise provided by law.
- Suspension of use, deletion, or suspension of provision to a third party
In the event that an individual wishes to cease using, delete, or discontinue providing to a third party any of their own information with regard to the personal information subject to disclosure, the Company shall cease using, delete, or discontinue providing the personal information to a third party to the extent reasonable without delay unless otherwise provided by law.
- Method of Receiving Disclosure and Other Requests and the Company’s Point of Contact
Requests for notification, disclosure, etc. as set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) in the preceding section shall be made in accordance with the methods, procedures, etc. set forth below.
- Reception procedures
An individual making the request shall visit the following point of contact directly, make a phone call, or send an e-mail to the Company. Requests are received from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.
- Visit to the Company’s point of contact
An individual making the request shall fill in the form designated by the Company and submit it.
- Phone call
Upon receiving the phone call, the Company shall send by mail its designated form to the individual making the request. The individual is asked to fill in the form and send it back to the Company.
Upon receiving the e-mail, the Company shall send by mail its designated form to the individual making the request. The individual is asked to fill in the form and send it back to the Company.
- Identity verification
At the time of making the request for notification, disclosure, etc., an individual is asked to establish their identity by presenting their driver's license, passport, or other such form of identification.
- Preferred method of receiving response
The individual making the request shall propose his/her preferred method of receiving the Company’s response from the options of either a verbal response or a response in writing.
- Declining of request
In the following cases, the requests may be declined. In such cases, the Company shall inform the individual making the request of the reason.
- An individual making the request fails to follow the procedures designated by the Company and described in (B) above, which include detailed procedures (a) through (c), using the Company’s point of contact.
- The Company fails to verify identity of an individual making the request as set forth in Paragraph (b) in Section (B) above.
- A request for notification, disclosure, etc. is made by an individual other than the individual whose personal information is in question.
- The Company fails to confirm the facts related to the request.
- Any other justifiable reasons are present, such as the grounds to refuse requests for notification, disclosure, etc. under the laws and regulations.
- Contact Information for Complaints and Other Inquiries regarding the Handling of Personal Information
An individual may contact the following office if they have any complaints about the Company’s handling of personal information, requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information whose management is unclear, or any other questions regarding the Company’s handling of personal information.
Office to Promote Personal Information Protection
T&S Oita Co., Ltd.
AY Bldg, 1-2-18 Tansomachi, Hita City, Oita Prefecture